Re: Finale and Sibelius files

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Finale and Sibelius files
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 10:09:59 +0200

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]

To be fair: the LilyPond file will get more verbose too if you use one
of the Frescobaldi templates.  And not using a template is "expert
usage".

For me, the point of ridiculosity was more or less reached when even
trivial Microsoft Word documents could no longer be expected to fit on
Floppy disk (1.44MB).  Imagine a bad sector in that binary dump.  Even
if you managed to get this to work somehow, you'd have no idea when and
how and why it would blow up around your ears later.

"Add the missing pieces based on a printout" is not an option for binary
formats.

--
David Kastrup