Re: Setting X-offset and Y-offset graphically.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Setting X-offset and Y-offset graphically.
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 16:25:46 +0100

On Tue, 2013-04-23 at 17:16 +0200, Urs Liska wrote:

> David Nalesnik <address@hidden> schrieb:
>
> >Hi,
> >

> >On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 9:36 AM, Janek Warchoł
> ><address@hidden>wrote:

> >http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/notation/modifying-shapes

> >\shape
> >need
> >could
> >>
> >> I'm not sure what you mean.
> >>

> >I'm a little confused here too.  I watched the demo (very cool, BTW!)
> >and
> >you are starting with a default curve, if I'm not mistaken.
Well, only if the user clicks accurately on the control points marked
with the red crosses. The user has set up the coordinate system with the
first cross-hair click on the center staff line, and then the rest is
relative to that.

>  Couldn't
> >the
> >results of dragging the various control points be expressed as
> >displacements to the curve you started with, rather than as absolute
> >values?  Then adjustments would be made automatically with a change in
> >layout.
>
> That's what I thought initially too.
> But maybe this default curve isn't Lilypond's? Then he'd be out of luck.

What would be needed is to get the user to click on the control points
accurately and then work out the differences from there. That could be
done...

> But of course, setting the control points directly is really problematic.
I guess the trouble comes when you change the music, right?
Richard