Re: Setting X-offset and Y-offset graphically.

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: Setting X-offset and Y-offset graphically.
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 12:01:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

I just felt the need to say a big THANK YOU to everyone involved here -
LilyPond is so damn powerful, and my scores always look great when printed.
Between Denemo and Frescobaldi both helping me to harness the power of
LilyPond, it's just a dream - really.  Engraving music prior to using these
tools was just, uninspiring and dull.  Now, it's engaging just to typeset my
finished compositions and archive them.

I just wanted to make sure you all knew how awesome you are for doing all
this.

Ben

Janek Warchoł-2 wrote
> 2013/4/23 Richard Shann <

> richard.shann@

> >:
>> On Tue, 2013-04-23 at 18:23 +0200, Janek Warchoł wrote:
>>> Hey, i have an idea: what about conbining both approaches?
>>> - user enters slur editing mode, control points appear.
>>> - user clicks on first control point
>>> - holding the mouse button down, he moves the cursor 2 units
>>> horizontally and 1 unit vertically, then he releases the button -
>>> Denemo uses this release position as an approximation of resulting
>>> control point position (i.e. where the control point will be after
>>> \shape moves it)
>>> - this becomes \shape #'((2 . 1) ... )
>>> - similarly for other control points.
>>> - with all control points done, "new shape preview" would be displayed
>>> using information from all "release points".
>>> - user can further tweak the curve by dragging points around.
>>>
>>> looks brilliant! ;)
>>
>> It is good for those who know what is going on - quite difficult to
>> introduce to someone with no understanding of control points.
>
> Then let's keep the initial clicking on the displayed default control
> points, like you're doing now - this way a preview of the new curve
> will be visible right away.  Then use dragging to move controlpoints
> and store drags as offsets used by shape.
>
>> Thank you for all the thought you have put in,
>
> you're welcome!  I hope such feature will make its way to Frescobaldi soon
> :)
>
> best,
> Janek

-----