Re: Automatic dashed bar line in compound time signatures

From: mike
Subject: Re: Automatic dashed bar line in compound time signatures
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 11:31:30 +0200

On 25 avr. 2013, at 09:44, Edward Andrews-Hodgson <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi there

I'm transcribing some music which has a compound time signature (3/4 + 3/8).  I've managed to set the set the beaming using
\set Timing.beatStructure = #'(2 2 2 3)
But I'd also like to have an automatic dashed bar line before the three quavers at the end of the bar.  Is this possible?

Automatic is a bit tough, but if you do something like

<< { \mymusic } { \repeat unfold 8 { s2. \bar "|" s4. } } >>

where \mymusic is your music and override the barline style such that it is dashed (I forget how to do that) it'll do the trick.

Cheers,
MS