Re: No detailed error messages in Frescobaldi

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: No detailed error messages in Frescobaldi
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 12:57:44 +0200

2013/4/28 Zoltan Laszlo <address@hidden>
I have been using Lilypond with Frescobaldi for a long time now. Recently I
reinstalled Windows (W7 Ult x64), then Lilypond (2.16.2) and Frescobaldi
(2.0.8) and on compiling a .ly file I got the error message:

"Starting lilypond-windows.exe [Szelid szemed_parts.ly]... Exited with
return code 1."

After much headache I discovered that there was a syntax error in the code
(g2' instead of g'2).

What still remains a bothering question is: Why do I not get detailed error
messages about my errors (indicating line number, column, etc.)?

I cannot reproduce  your error on linux.
Here's the Frescobaldi log:

lilypond 2.16.2 [Senza nome] in avvio...

Processing `/tmp/frescobaldi-cejNcT/tmp_WGuLv/document.ly'

Parsing...

/tmp/frescobaldi-cejNcT/tmp_WGuLv/document.ly:3:6: error: syntax error, unexpected '''

{ c d2

' }

/tmp/frescobaldi-cejNcT/tmp_WGuLv/document.ly:3:0: error: errors found, ignoring music _expression_

{ c d2' }

fatal error: failed files: "/tmp/frescobaldi-cejNcT/tmp_WGuLv/document.ly"

Frescobaldi should just print in the log panel what lilypond provides.

Try to execute the command in the command prompt and see what happens. So we understand if the problem is related to lilypond or frescobaldi.