Re: change of plans for this final project

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: change of plans for this final project
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 20:46:27 +0200

Sarah k Alawami <address@hidden> writes:

> Ok. I read in the manual since this will be a score and parts that it
> would probably be easier if I made the files individually.  the
> combined then in t the score and parts needed for the conductor and
> students, or in this case the prof. I think this is a good idea so I
> don't have to count rests and see what is and is not metrically
> alined. lol!  Well almost. Some will have to have multiple staffs
> according to the inductions. My question is this. Since some
> instruments transpose do I need to write them in the key that the
> piece is in (in this case g major) and put in the transpose command
> later? this would be easier as I have perfect pitch and have issues as
> I'm hearing the piece but have to think in the case of a clarinet a
> major second lower. lol! right now that hurts my brain and I nee
>  d to try and get this done by may 10.  or earlier. lol! What is the
> easiest way with out getting a major headache to tackle this
> beast. lol!

Before version 2.17.13, you want to avoid having \transposition inside
of \transpose because its behavior is somewhat strange.

\transposition gives the relation between audible and visible pitch.

If you want to enter stuff in true pitch, you can transpose it down
visually by using \transpose.  So if you write something like

\new Staff {
  \transposition bes
  \transpose bes c' { bes ces' des' es' }
}

then what you write inside of the \transpose command is transposed one
note up visually, but the bes that looks like c' after the transposition
sounds like bes still.

--
David Kastrup