Re: change of plans for this final project

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: change of plans for this final project
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 21:39:01 +0200

Daniel Rosen <address@hidden> writes:

> [...]

You snipped from my reply the following important information:

>> Before version 2.17.13, you want to avoid having \transposition
>> inside of \transpose because its behavior is somewhat strange.

Keep that in mind, and keep \transposition out of \transpose.  Or the
result will confuse you...

> Can you explain in greater detail exactly what the difference is
> between \transpose and \transposition, and why there are two separate
> commands?

Because they do entirely different things.  \transposition does not
change the visible score, it only makes a difference regarding what you
hear.

\transpose changes both visible and audible notes by the same amount.

At any rate, the documentation is pretty good by now, so try
<URL:http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/notation/displaying-pitches#instrument-transpositions>

--
David Kastrup