Re: repeated time signatures

From: luis jure
Subject: Re: repeated time signatures
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 18:17:07 -0300

on 2013-04-30 at 13:56 Carl Peterson wrote:

> I could be wrong, but I would think that the primary motivation for
> specifying the same time signature a second time is to have it displayed
> a second time? The only time I can think of it not being intended this
> way is that if someone has serial voices/parts/whatever on the same
> staff and the time signature is explicitly declared in both.

i for one would be very happy if lilypond offered at least the option to
display a time signature only when it differs from the previous measure.

i'm trying to generate lilypond scores algorithmically, and the time
signature of each measure is part of the internal representation i'm
using. it would make my life much easier if lilypond just ignored
redundant time signatures.

for my part, it would be great if the user could choose between the two
behaviors.

best,

lj