Re: More explicit request on \bold in markup

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: More explicit request on \bold in markup
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 09:07:56 -0500

On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 8:55 AM, <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello- don't know where to look in the manual for a single word made
bold inside a set of words in a \markup
I'm using 2:14 to finish up a major work that's taken 2 years so I
would like to stick with it.
If this is not possible in version 2:14 then I'll do without.

Uh,

\markup { With a \bold single bold word }

Where is the problem?

--
David Kastrup

As usual I don't know how to phrase the question first time here's what I want;
in the following I need to emphasize either larger or bolder the single word maps.
David's suggestion does not work I suspect because it's already some form of bold.  So I need more info or a suggestion, and pointing to the manual so i know where to look next time is most educational.

I googled "lilypond 2.14 markup" and came up with
 http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.14/Documentation/notation/formatting-text

Here's the header

\header {
  title = "The Map"
  subtitle = "What kind of map"
  subsubtitle = \markup {\center-column { "Scene 5" "This scene introduces the maps projected behind P & D."" P's map is the D'Scudery map of love, D's is a map of Marseille."" Each map should have a sort of 'you are here' spot lit on them.""  This light should move as they move along their paths to themselves."}}

Maybe something like this:

 \header {
  title = "The Map"
  subtitle = "What kind of map"
  subsubtitle = \markup {\center-column { "Scene 5" \line { "This scene introduces the" \bold \large maps "projected behind P & D." } " P's map is the D'Scudery map of love, D's is a map of Marseille."" Each map should have a sort of 'you are here' spot lit on them.""  This light should move as they move along their paths to themselves."}}
} % missing in your quoted header

HTH,
David