Re: Templates combined?

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Templates combined?
Date: Fri, 03 May 2013 09:13:11 +0200

Am Freitag, den 03.05.2013, 06:56 +0000 schrieb Nandi:
> Hello everyone, I'm trying to do a SATB vocal score with a harp accompaniment,
> and I'd like to  combine the following two templates: "Single staff template
> with notes, lyrics, chords and frets" + "Vocal ensemble template", so that I
> can
> enter more stanzas, one after the other, below each other, for all staffs, and
> have the harp chords only above the soprano staff. I just couldn't figure out
> how to  combine the pieces. (Later I may add some piano accompaniments, too,
> so if it can also be incorporated in the template, that would be great.)
> Thanks for any help: Nandi

Templates basically are some raw text that you can use as-is or in
modified form.

If you want to combine two templates you should take the template that
comes closest to what you want (maybe that with most text already in it)
and insert text from the other one into it.

Probably you have to add the music definition variables somewhere in the
file and add the necessary staff definitions inside the \score block

As I don't quite see what you exactly want to achieve, I suggest you
- decide which of the templates is better as a start,
- try to figure out which music variables you would need in addition,
- send this as an attachment and
- tell us exactly what is still missing

Best
Urs