Re: Templates combined?

From: Nandi
Subject: Re: Templates combined?
Date: Fri, 3 May 2013 08:11:53 +0000 (UTC)

Urs Liska <ul <at> openlilylib.org> writes:

> As I don't quite see what you exactly want to achieve, I suggest you
> - decide which of the templates is better as a start,
> - try to figure out which music variables you would need in addition,
> - send this as an attachment and
> - tell us exactly what is still missing
>
> Best
> Urs

This first template almost does what I want (SATB + piano + one stanza):

global = { \key d \major \time 4/4 }
sopranoMusic = \relative c' {
  \clef "treble"
  r4 d2 a4
}
sopranoWords = \lyricmode {
  Words here
}
altoMusic = \relative c' {
  \clef "treble"
  r4 a2 a4
}
altoWords = \sopranoWords
tenorMusic = \relative c' {
  \clef "treble"
  r4 fis2 e4
}
tenorWords = \sopranoWords
bassMusic = \relative c' {
  \clef "bass"
  r4 d2 cis4
}
bassWords = \sopranoWords

upper = \relative c' {
  \clef "treble"
  \global
  r4 <a d fis>2 <a e' a>4
}
lower = \relative c, {
  \clef "bass"
  \global
}

\score {
  <<
    \new ChoirStaff <<
      \new Staff = "sopranos" <<
        \set Staff.instrumentName = #"Soprano"
        \new Voice = "sopranos" { \global \sopranoMusic }

      \new Lyrics \lyricsto "sopranos" { \sopranoWords }
      \new Staff = "altos" <<
        \set Staff.instrumentName = #"Alto"
        \new Voice = "altos" { \global \altoMusic }

      \new Lyrics \lyricsto "altos" { \altoWords }
      \new Staff = "tenors" <<
        \set Staff.instrumentName = #"Tenor"
        \new Voice = "tenors" { \global \tenorMusic }

      \new Lyrics \lyricsto "tenors" { \tenorWords }
      \new Staff = "basses" <<
        \set Staff.instrumentName = #"Bass"
        \new Voice = "basses" { \global \bassMusic }

      \new Lyrics \lyricsto "basses" { \bassWords }

    \new PianoStaff <<
      \set PianoStaff.instrumentName = #"Piano  "
      \new Staff = "upper" \upper
      \new Staff = "lower" \lower

}

But I would need chords for the soprano part and more stanzas for each staff,
as this second template has it:

verseI = \lyricmode {
  \set stanza = #"1."
  This is the first verse
}

verseII = \lyricmode {
  \set stanza = #"2."
  This is the second verse.
}

verseIII = \lyricmode {
  \set stanza = #"3."
  This is the third verse
}

verseIV = \lyricmode {
  \set stanza = #"4."
  This is the fourth verse
}

theChords = \chordmode {
   c2 g4 c
}

staffMelody = \relative c' {
   \key c \major
   \clef treble
   c4 d8 e f4 g
   \bar "|."
}

\score {
  <<
    \context ChordNames { \theChords }
    \new Staff {
      \context Voice = "voiceMelody" { \staffMelody }
    }
    \new Lyrics = "lyricsI" {
      \lyricsto "voiceMelody" \verseI
    }
    \new Lyrics = "lyricsII" {
      \lyricsto "voiceMelody" \verseII
    }
    \new Lyrics = "lyricsIII" {
      \lyricsto "voiceMelody" \verseIII
    }
 \new Lyrics = "lyricsIV" {
      \lyricsto "voiceMelody" \verseIV

I would like to combine these two,
but unfortunately I couldn't figure it out how.
Thanks for your help:
Nandi