Re: Lyrics and Punctuations Alignment Issue?

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Lyrics and Punctuations Alignment Issue?
Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 06:40:42 -0500

Ming,

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 10:06 PM, David Nalesnik <address@hidden> wrote:
Ming,

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 9:08 PM, MING TSANG <address@hidden> wrote:
David,

Thank you very much.  I try to do two punctuation to the left, but I cannot make it work.  Any help is appreciated.  Please refer to "a" and "c" from the .png

As I explained in my email, if you need additional punctuation you need to add it to the respective variables.

--David

Ah, OK--you didn't mention that you had adapted the functions dealing with left punctuation.

Unfortunately, I'm having trouble with the glyphs you're using, so I can't run your file.

From looking it over, I can see a number of problems, though.

In "drop-punctuation-left"
--replace string-suffix? with string-prefix?
--string-drop-left is not a command; it's string-drop

In the function "align"
--the functions dealing with left punctuation are never called; make this change:

(text-R (drop-punctuation-left text))

Other than this, all appears OK. Hopefully this will do.  With the glyph problems, I think that this is all the help I can offer.

-David