Re: Problem with encoding unicode

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Problem with encoding unicode
Date: Mon, 06 May 2013 08:54:25 +0200 (CEST)

> Not all unicode characters are being correctly realised in my score.
> Something like \mark \markup { \char ##x03EE } will work but this
> throws an error:
>
> \mark \markup { \char ##x1080B }
>
> [...]
>
> Thanks.  Is there a solution to the problem?  It's happening in
> about 30% of the unicode.

Well, get a proper font :-) To be serious: I have *a lot* of fonts on
my GNU/Linux box, and fontconfig selects a fallback font if a
particular glyph cannot be found, but I have no font which contains
U+1080B, CYPRIOT SYLLABLE KE.  Do you really need *this* character
from an ancient pre-Greek script which has been used from the 11th to
4th centuries BCE on Cyprus?

    Werner