Re: Measure numbers in cadenza

From: Noeck
Subject: Re: Measure numbers in cadenza
Date: Mon, 06 May 2013 23:18:55 +0200

Am 06.05.2013 15:34, schrieb address@hidden:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm writing a piece of entirely unmetered music and using \cadenzaOn for
> that. I'm manually placing barlines from time to time in order to allow for
> line breaks and to help readability.  Is there any way to have the bar
> numbers displayed and increment that follow my manual placement of bars?
>
> Cheers,
> MS

I am sorry, I have no time to look it up or code it, but I think I have
read somewhere in the docs how counters can be used. And then what comes
to my mind is to redefine a custom bar command that increments the
counter, executes a usual bar command and prints the counter number over
it (perhaps as a \mark).

Probably, the question is more like how to do that technically. But as
no one replied, I thought I can write these thoughts - better than nothing.

Cheers,
Joram