Re: publish music book

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: publish music book
Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 11:48:00 +0200

Ian Hulin <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Jim,
> On 22/04/13 20:17, Jim Tisdall wrote:
>> I'm preparing a book for publication.
>>
> <snip..>
>> Lilypond has several methods to combine text and examples. One is
>> lilypond-book, but due to the many examples in my chapters, I find
>> that is too slow, so I'm deciding on other ways to include the
>> graphics.  No problem since everything is made possible, especially
>> for a programmer.  Probably some combo of lilypond with make.
>>
> <snip...>
>> Peace, Jim
> One possibility may be to use OpenOffice/LibreOffice with the
> OOOLilyPond extension

I have found it impossible to have OOOLilyPond include anything but
bitmaps into the document.  It does not work with any vector rendition
of LilyPond output, so expect many more rasterization artifacts.

Partly that is the fault of OpenOffice/LibreOffice for not being able to
import _any_ free vector image format reliably.

> to and then translate that to lilypondbook + snippets.

Not sure how that is supposed to work.

--
David Kastrup