Re: repeated time signatures

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: repeated time signatures
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 07:38:51 -0500

Hi Urs,

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 6:02 AM, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi David,

unfortunately your engraver does _not_ work as expected (and as I had
stated):
Obviously the 'previous' time signature may also be the one in a
'previous' staff at the same musical moment. So when using the engraver
the time signature is only printed in the top-most staff :-(

The immediate problem is solved by keeping the engraver in the Staff context.   Of course it would be nice if the behavior you describe didn't happen if the engraver is moved to StaffGroup or PianoStaff or whatever.

I guess one can update the condition so that is true if the time
signature of 'elem' is equal to the time signature of 'prev' _and_ if
their musical moments differ.
But unfortunately I don't have any clue on how to achieve that :-(

Any help (new version or even better: hint) would be very welcome

You've described how I would tackle the problem.  Getting the timing of the signatures is the part I'm not sure of right now.  (It could be stored with the time signatures as they are acknowledged, but maybe there's a better way.  I'll look into this.  Sorry I don't have a ready hint/solution.)

-David