RE:scheme function help

From: Peter Gentry
Subject: RE:scheme function help
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 10:23:45 +0100

David Kastrup <address@hidden>> writes:
>I was no annoyed at you making a mistake, but rather that
>Peter used that in order to paint a bleak general picture of LilyPond.

Peter <address@hidden> writes:
David you have missread my intentions - I just wanted to put the proposition
that learning the scheme/Lilypond interface is
difficult for beginners (possibly more difficult than an expert might think)
and not intuitive.

This is not a bleak picture of Lilypond which I constantly praise to all who
will listen.

If I gave that impression then I'm happy to correct it.

The 2.16.2 mauals are probably the best manuals I have read in 40years of
computing.

Stjepan Horvat <address@hidden> writes:
>> I think lilypond has a great community and i did't have to wait more
>> that 12h to get at least a response.

Peter <address@hidden> writes:
I second that and am constantly amazed by the fast response from David who
deserves a medal.

David Kastrup <address@hidden>> writes:
Well, I definitely proud myself on facilitating one of the
>fastest PTF times for active projects (PTF = posting to flamewar).

David you have not been flamed your work is highly respected.