Re: ERROR: Unbound variable: remove ??

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: ERROR: Unbound variable: remove ??
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 17:29:52 -0500

Hi Harm,

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 3:32 PM, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I'm preparing a LSR-snippet demonstrating how to shape single Slurs
independently, which are invoked with \set doubleSlurs = ##t.
The code works fine with 2.16.2.
Though while downgrading to LSR-2.14.2 I encountered a strange problem:

Trying to compile the code below, I get:

GNU LilyPond 2.14.2
Processing `shape-double-slurs.ly'
Parsing...
Interpreting music... [8]
Preprocessing graphical objects...
Finding the ideal number of pages...
Fitting music on 1 page...
Drawing systems...ERROR: Unbound variable: remove

??
remove is not a LilyPond-procedure, it's guile _and_ it's used
elsewhere in the 2.14.2-source.

What am I missing?

It seems that the functions in the module SRFI-1 weren't available within music functions in 2.14.  (I remember running into this problem when I tried to use selectors like "first".)  You can add this line within the #{  #} and you'll have access to remove:

#(use-modules (srfi srfi-1))

Thanks for writing this--it looks very useful!

--David