Re: many users don't know about \shape

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: many users don't know about \shape
Date: Sat, 11 May 2013 13:17:35 +0200

Am 11.05.2013 11:15, schrieb Janek Warchoł:
2013/5/11 Federico Bruni <address@hidden>:
2013/5/11 Janek Warchoł <address@hidden>
Quite frankly, if we didn't have \shape, i'd say that LilyPond was
incapable of handling Fried project :(

I think I missed this project, all I can find is this:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-04/msg00177.html

Would you present it in the next LilyPond report? (does anybody still work
on it?)
Sure, we're working on it with Urs (progressing slowly).
It'd be nice for LilyPond Report, but frankly i think we should rather
create a multi-author blog - it would be easier to keep it active.

janek
I think I should add a little perspective to that.
The ominous "Fried project" is a project I'm working on with Janek (and a second musicologist). It basically is a private/commercial (but commercial in the 'academic' sense of "we won't make any money with it anyway") and also closed source project. We are going to publish a new edition of the songs of Oskar Fried (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oskar_Fried), a highly gifted late-romantic composer, who is more known as a conductor. I have also made a recording of these songs and wait for their release on cd. Actually having commissioned a reasonable share of the songs to be entered in LilyPond for transposition gave the idea to that project initially. One characteristic of the songs is that they have very complex piano parts that are a real challenge for LilyPond and Janek ;-) But in the end the performance of both is very convincing, and I'm really looking forward to having the printed copies finally!

When we're ready we will surely sit back, analyze the experience, and prepare some kind of report, whereever it may seem appropriate.

Urs