Re: Hara Kiri staff behavior

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Hara Kiri staff behavior
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 11:26:15 +0200

2013/5/12 Richard Shann <address@hidden>:

> With the page pointed to by \RemoveEmptyStaves I arrived at
>
> \layout { \context { Staff \RemoveEmptyStaves } }
>
> then I discovered that my recollection was correct - I had already been
> here some years ago, when I arrived at this
>
> \layout { \context {\RemoveEmptyStaffContext } }
>
> so, I guess I should ask which form is preferred, if any?

Hi,

\layout { \context { Staff \RemoveEmptyStaves } }

You'll not find \RemoveEmptyStaffContext in the Docs since version 2.14.
Furthermore, you may want to have a look at /ly/engraver-init.ly:

%% Keep the old definitions in here for compatibility (they erase previous
%% settings to the corresponding context!).
%% For new scores, one should simply insert the \RemoveEmptyStaves settings
%% into the desired context. That's just as easy, requires only one line more
%% (the \*Staff), but preserves previous context mods.
%% TODO: DEPRECATED_2.13.17, remove at some point in the future

Cheers,
  Harm