Omitting notes, tablature numbers

From: address@hidden
Subject: Omitting notes, tablature numbers
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 10:51:52 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I'd like to use lilypond to build notation exercises. That requires, for example, that I output chord names, but not the corresponding notes, or notes, but not the corresponding tablature. Still, I'd want the empty staffs or string tabs to show on the output.

I've tried removing engravers for the various contexts, but it seems real hard to convince lilypond NOT to do its job, i.e.: outputting notes.

Could anyone help, please?

Thanks,

Simone