Rookie transpose / bookpart questions

From: Jim Long
Subject: Rookie transpose / bookpart questions
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 14:10:59 -0700

I'm creating some jazz charts that require a transposed lead
sheet for a Bb or Eb instrument.  I haven't messed with \bookpart
much before.

The most obvious problem, and one that I knew was coming,
pertains to stroke marks in improvisation sections:

\version "2.16.2"

stemOff = { \override Staff.Stem #'transparent = ##t }
stemOn  = { \revert Staff.Stem #'transparent }

\score {
  \new Staff {
    \relative f' { f4 g a c }
    \improvisationOn  \stemOff
    b'4 b' b' b'
    \improvisationOff \stemOn
    \relative f' { g4 a b d }

Is there a better way to create the effect in measure 2?  It
looks fine until you transpose it, and then the b' notes get
transposed.  Is there either a way to wrap that second measure to
protect it from being transposed, or a better way altogether?

The attached example is expanded to illustrate transposition.
It produces a warning that I think I understand,

Transposing fes'' by beses' makes alteration larger than double

because I presume of an A double-flat chord with the fifth (E
double-flat) lowered to E triple-flat.

\version "2.16.2"

stemOff = { \override Staff.Stem #'transparent = ##t }
stemOn  = { \revert Staff.Stem #'transparent }

Melody = {
  \key e \major
  \relative f' { e4 fis gis b }
  \improvisationOn \stemOff
  b'4 b' b' b'
  \stemOn \improvisationOff
  \relative f' { fis4 gis a cis }
}

Chords = \chordmode { bes1:maj7.5- }

\score {
  <<
    \new ChordNames \Chords
    \new Staff \Melody

}

% this works, but transposes E major to an unfortunate C# major
\score {
  <<
    \transpose ees c' \new ChordNames \Chords
    \transpose ees c' \new Staff \Melody

}

%{ So I did this to get Db major (five flats instead of seven
sharps) but now the chord symbol is not transposed correctly.
Granted, even the "correct" answer of aeses:maj7.5- is not all
that great, but the transposed output shows a very different
chord nomenclature.

Be that as it may, what's the practical approach to fixing that
one chord in the transposed output?  The original key of E
calls out a bes:maj7.5- so I think in Db the best choice is
g:maj7.5-.  How do I accomplish that?  A special-case Ignatzek
exception or some such?  Is that the simplest way?  %}

\score {
  <<
    \transpose dis c' \new ChordNames \Chords
    \transpose dis c' \new Staff \Melody

}

Thank you again!

Jim