Grace note displayed exactly on beat (and not before)

From: Siska Ádám
Subject: Grace note displayed exactly on beat (and not before)
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 03:12:44 +0200

Hello List,

I know about the \grace, \appoggiatura, \acciaccatura and \afterGrace commands
which can be used in order to create grace notes. However, none of these would
put a grace note exactly on the beat: they would either put it just after the
`main' note (in the case of \afterGrace) or just before it (in all other
cases). I was wondering how I would be able to put the grace note just on the
beat.

To illustrate the idea, I attach an example (scanned from a piano score). This
is not the actual scenario that I wish to typeset, but it illustrates my need
quite clearly (I need to typeset a short passage in an orchestral score for one
of the instruments, where the passage itself should start at the same time as
the other instruments start to play).

Thank you for any help,
Ádám

image/jpg