Re: final touches to the score

From: luis jure
Subject: Re: final touches to the score
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 22:17:54 -0300

on 2013-05-12 at 16:45 Sarah k Alawami wrote:

> Ok. can someone please go over the score and correct what I missed?

I found many errors when compiling of different kinds, mainly: lilypond
syntactic errors, bar check errors, and octave errors.

I don't know how to proceed. I could try to identify and locate some of the
errors for you to correct, or I could try to modify the file myself and
send it back to you. But that's risky, because from some obvious mistakes,
I don't know how the correct output should be. Also people with better
knowledge of Lilypond could contribute.

Some syntactic errors i found are: in line 397 you wrote G4 (capital letter
G) instead of lowercase g (lilypond is case sensitive), and you wrote
\partial 8 in every music variable. The manual says "The \partial command
should be used only at the beginning of a piece.", and lilypond complained
about it when compiling. I deleted all the extra \partials, and I return
you the file with only these two corrections.

In my opinion the next thing would be taking care of the numerous bar
check errors. For example, in line 348, beginning of cello part, you have:
g8( b d g4.) g,8( b d 4.g) |

perhaps you meant:
g8( b d g4.) g,8( b d g4.) |

There are many others, but I suspect some (many?) are related to \repeat
problems. Someone else already called your attention that in some
places you're using \repeat 1, which makes me think that you got it wrong:
the number is the *total* number of times the expression will appear. So if
you want something repeated once, you should write \repeat 2, because
that's the total number of times it will appear. So check your \repeats.

Once the bar checks are solved and everything is in place we should look at
the octave problems.

Best,

lj