Oboe advise needed - woodwind diagrams

From: Wim van Dommelen
Subject: Oboe advise needed - woodwind diagrams
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 15:23:55 +0200

Hi,

I am looking at some of the woodwind diagrams, redesigning the clarinet part and if possible trying to judge on correctness of the others.

In the Oboe diagram I see a left-hand key labeled F, but it is placed a little bit strange on top of the others. Comparing with pictures on the Internet doesn't help me that much. As I am not a hoboist, can somebody who is take a look at this. I generated diagrams with (also attached):

\version "2.16.0"

% informational output to the default log-file:
#(print-keys 'oboe)

   \score {
      \relative c' {
            \textLengthOn
            c^\markup {
               \center-column {
                  "Oboe - all keys"
                     \woodwind-diagram   #'oboe
                                                             #'()
                  } }
            s s
            f^\markup {
               \center-column {
                  "Oboe lh f-key"
                     \woodwind-diagram   #'oboe
#'((cc . ()) (lh . (f)) (rh . (banana)))
                  } }

Also a right-hand "banana" key is shown. Is that correct? and if so, is that the name of that key?

Any Obo-player who can guide me?

Regards,
Wim.