Re: octave checks in the viola line of my assignment are failing.

From: Wim van Dommelen
Subject: Re: octave checks in the viola line of my assignment are failing.
Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 21:30:10 +0200

On 14 May 2013, at 19:34 , Sarah k Alawami wrote:

lol. I did that and it seems to work, but it is failing majored in the viola part. I tried to make a midi of just th part by putitn it in to a test file but it is not working correctly. I can never tell when my octaves will in your words "run away" though. as I'm hearing it in my enternal ear then what is actually supposed to be on the page. lol!

OK, I took the Viola part out for you, pasted in a seperate file added the \midi, attached, this one now produces a MIDI-file. In the process of examination I noticed you had omitted the \global in both the Viola and the Violin I parts and also the \partial 8 was not there in the viola. That explains a lot of the problems. The octave checks do get you back on the track here. At some points it still goes wrong, but you will hear that.

Thanks.

Take care,
Wim.