Re: Best practice for parts with varying number of staves

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Best practice for parts with varying number of staves
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 09:48:15 +0100

On Wed, 2013-05-15 at 10:05 +0200, Urs Liska wrote:
> c)
> I could initially create the score with all possible staves and just
> let
> \RemoveEmptyStaves do its job (well, that's what it is intended
> for ...)
> -> But that would mean the extra overhead of filling the extra staves
> with rests for all the numerous pages where they aren't needed.
You could use Denemo to create the initial skeleton - it will fill empty
measures with skips. You will need to fill out any measures that contain
time-signature changes, rehearsal marks etc, because, at the moment,
Denemo is doing nothing more than inserting skips for completely empty
measures.

Richard