Re: Enhancement request, add a new command to fill the rest of staff wit

From: Ian Hulin
Subject: Re: Enhancement request, add a new command to fill the rest of staff with blank space
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 11:32:19 +0100

Dear "ghe"
I'd like to emphasize David's response about you continuing to user
V2.14.2 in the long-term.
There is absolutely nothing stopping using V2.16.2 on Debian, as far as
I know.  There are several advantages and very few disadvantages to
doing this:
o V2.16.2 is the latest stable release, if you do have a problem, it is
easier for developers to check it out and reproduce it than with a
historic stable release like 2.14.2.  This means that you're more likely
to get a response here or on the bugs list.
o Using V2.16.2 will make it easier to upgrade to future stable releases
of LilyPond.
o There are a load of enhancements in V2.16.2 which make LilyPond easier
to use and program, particularly in conjunction with some of the editors
such as Frescobaldi, LilyPondTool in JEdit, Eclipse, and even (Lord,
help us) Emacs and Vim.
o The V2.16.2 documentation's better and more complete even than the
docs for V2.14.2.

If there are some things that don't work the same way in 2.16.2, they
are most likely covered by using convert-ly.

I'd just like to make a few observations that would help you get more
and maybe quicker responses to you posts.

Please add a subject line to your posts.  I'm breaking my own personal
rule here that I don't generally reply to such posts.  I've just had to
spend extra time hunting down your original post to find out what it's
about.

Maybe you could give us a better indication of who you actually are?
Most of us on the LilyPond lists are reasonably friendly and
house-trained, and it feels more comfortable talking to a human name
than a mailbox alias.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Ian Hulin