Re: How to get multiple text spanners at the same height?

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: How to get multiple text spanners at the same height?
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 22:16:23 +0200

2013/5/15 SoundsFromSound <address@hidden>:
> This is perfect for what I need.  Thank you.  One question though: what would
> be the easiest way to "center" this span (so the dashes line up in the
> center of the words, rather than along the bottom of the letters)?

Translate the default-stencil a little, i.e. add
(ly:stencil-translate-axis stil 0.5 Y)

The override-command should look like:

   \once \override TextSpanner #'after-line-breaking =
     #(lambda (grob)
       (let* ((stil (ly:grob-property grob 'stencil))
              (stil (ly:stencil-translate-axis stil 0.5 Y))

As I wrote before, I'm working on an improvement.
Though, this may take some time.
I'll be offline during Pentecost, visiting "Bundeswettbewerb Jugend
Musiziert", a german contest for young musicians.

Cheers,
  Harm