Re: Feature Request: Chromatic note names

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Feature Request: Chromatic note names
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 07:34:33 +0200

"address@hidden" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi, earlier today i just copied/pasted this to my file, and it worked
> fine.  All tritones go down.

Just as a note aside: if you are using a current version of LilyPond,

\relative { ... }

without explicit reference pitch is defined such that the first pitch
inside of \relative is written as if in absolute mode.  For the standard
scales, this is the same as \relative f { ... } but with your special
scales, it is different, and the code has been written in a manner still
supposed to do the right thing.

I don't think it has been explicitly tested with scales containing an
even number of notes (which as you found out, go down as a tie breaker)
even though I tried taking it into account.

So in case you are using 2.17.16 or newer, it would be nice if you
checked that this "first pitch like absolute" rule works even when
starting with an f sharp.

--
David Kastrup