concatenating/converting string variables ?

From: Paul Malcolm
Subject: concatenating/converting string variables ?
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 17:45:08 +1000

excuse me, just a trivial question, but I cannot seem to find the answer.
I want to add the date variable to one element of text in my title.

I have this in the preamble

date = #(strftime "%d-%m-%Y" (localtime (current-time)))

What I want to do is somehow add/concatenate this to a text string
for the name of person doing the arranging, which appears in the
header block, i.e.

arranger = "Arr.  Maestro Smithington-Smythe"

How do I do this so I finally see

  Arr. Maestro Smithington-Smythe, 17/May/2013

?