Re: lilypond not recognized

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: lilypond not recognized
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 18:54:03 +0000 (GMT)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Slattery" <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Sent: Friday, May 17, 2013 4:30:59 PM

"address@hidden" <address@hidden> wrote:

>After solving a mysterious hardware problem I finally got
> my Windows 7 box up and running again. I installed
> LilyPond 2.16.2-1 but it won't run from the CLI.  I get:
>
> 'lilypond' is not recognized as an internal or external
> command, operable program or batch file.
>
>I have, in fact, edited the PATH to point to the /bin directory
> which contains LilyPond.

How have you edited the PATH? If you've simply used a "set" command in
a command window, that changes the PATH only for that window. To do it
globally, type "path" in the search box in the Start menu. Select
"Edit environment variables for your account". Find "PATH" in the
"User variables" box (or create it if it doesn't exist), and add the
path to the Lilypond bin directory to it.

Tim,

I edited the PATH following the instructions on the Lily download page, that
is, by going into the Environment variables.

-David