Re: Turning off obnoxious coda behavior

From: Jim Long
Subject: Re: Turning off obnoxious coda behavior
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 12:40:18 -0700

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 02:03:54PM -0500, Tim McNamara wrote:
> On May 17, 2013, at 12:38 PM, Jim Long wrote:
> > Precede it with
> >
> > \once \override Score.RehearsalMark #'break-visibility =
> > begin-of-line-invisible
>
> Thank you!
>
> I admit that I have no understanding of why this would keep the
> coda glyph at the end of the line.

It's not a coda glyph, it's a rehearsal mark.  :)

See

http://www.lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/notation/visibility-of-objects#using-break_002dvisibility

Change the override value to 'all-visible and see what happens.

Note that the default for rehearsal marks is end-of-line-INvisible.
Rehearsal marks generally appear at the beginning of a line, or
in the middle of a line, but not at the end of a line.

When you co-opt a rehearsal mark to display a coda jump, you need
to alter that default behaviour.  Coda jumps are generally
displayed in the middle of a line, or at the end of a line, but
not at the beginning of a line.