Re: breaking at non-bar moments

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: breaking at non-bar moments
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 20:18:36 -0400

Hi Mark,

> As a neophyte (Lilyponding less than six months) I appreciate and welcome
> the fussiness of Lilypond. It supports in me a habit of carefulness and
> consistency. Should a study of the manual and other resources not provide to
> me a resolution of a query, members of this list have been and are
> knowledgeable, informative, and instructive.

As an old-timer (Lilyponding, contributing, and sponsoring since at least
2003), I appreciate and welcome the flexibility of Lilypond.
It supports me in the ability to engrave music which, at first glance, seems
extremely complex yet, with a few settings in Lilypond, can be output
beautifully with a minimum of effort.

All I'm suggesting is that there should be a parameter which can be set, if
desired, so that (e.g.) the affected Staff can be broken mid-measure.
(The default behaviour should stay exactly as it is, of course.)

Best regards,
Kieren.