Re: merging files

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: merging files
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 09:44:12 +0200

"Mark Stephen Mrotek" <address@hidden> writes:

> Mr. Kastrup:
>
> It was not my intention to impinge upon your time or expertise and put you
> through a hard time pondering my request. From my reading of posts in the
> group I comprehend that you are involved in matters much more advanced and
> arcane than I could ever comprehend. Perhaps you have forgotten that dim
> past when you, as a beginner, were asking your mentors questions that may
> have sounded rudimentary and had obvious answers.
>
> My expectations of the group have been met consistently and repeatedly by
> the several members who have patiently taken the time to provide answers to
> my inquiries. Your response, sir, is pompous, bloated, and quite frankly,
> snarky.

If you take a look at recent changes in our beginners' documentation:

git shortlog -n -s  --since "1 year ago" -- Documentation/learning
    12  David Kastrup
     9  Trevor Daniels
     3  Keith OHara
     2  John Mandereau
     2  Phil Holmes
     1  James Lowe
     1  Janek Warchoł

you'll see that for better or worse, beginners are not off my chart.
I am looking forward to your detailed reviews and proposals of
documentation changes to make them less pompous, bloated and snarky.

Here is a link to pending documentation issues in our tracker:
<URL:http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/list?can=2&q=Type%3DDocumentation>
but of course feel free to tackle issues that others have overlooked.

--
David Kastrup