Re: Files from Lilypond workshop @ LAC 2013

From: Florian Hollerweger
Subject: Re: Files from Lilypond workshop @ LAC 2013
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 11:08:03 +0200

Dear Helge,

Helge Kruse wrote:
No. I think you misspelled MS with a special character '$' and I can find any reason for that. Is this intentionally or really a typo?

Let's not be cynical about this: It was fully intentional, but could arguably be described as a
somewhat adolescent and dated joke. Since it seems to cause offence, I have changed the
"$" to a less controversial "S".

The shared runtime libraries are the main part of the "MS VC++ 2008 Redistributable Package". I would favor "runtime" over "module" if place is an issue since the latter is over-generalized and with little information.

It contains a hyperlink to the actual thing, for Bill Gates' sake! :)

But there you go, I have replaced "module" with "runtime" as you suggested.

Yes, but you placed [lilybin] at the the Frescobaldi sub topic. Ok, you probably didn't wanted to add a complete slide for lilybin. But I would try separate it a bit, e.g with a blank line.

I am starting to find this discussion rather entertaining :)

But I think I have found what I believe to be a structurally /and/ typographically sound
solution for this "problem" (it never seemed to be one before announcing the
slides here).

All the above edits are reflected in the now updated the archive with the
slides and examples at
http://lac.linuxaudio.org/2013/download/lilypond_lac2013.tgz

luis jure wrote:
anyway, i didn't bring this up, the discussion began with the use of the
term in florian's presentation (by the way, i found the presentation very
good).

Ah, music to my ears, luis, thanks! :)

Best,
flo.H