Re: Bravura - new font...

From: Shane Brandes
Subject: Re: Bravura - new font...
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 16:08:02 -0400

There seems to be a lot of odds and ends missing in it. Particularly in the Chant notation, and time signature areas. I like the font in and of itself what I see of it. The whole idea of Smufl probably would be better served if it was not a "conscript" style encoding project. Eventually the Unicode consortium might get its act together and have a truly useful standard. Not to knock the Unicode people but it might have been wise to aggregate a committee of people from such music software entities and a few rastrographically knowledgeable musicologists or better musicians.

Shane