Anybody with DDR2 SODIMM to spare?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Anybody with DDR2 SODIMM to spare?
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 15:04:57 +0200

Hi,

my computer, an IBM Thinkpad T61, has 2GB of RAM in it.  Which should be
plenty.  It turns out that when doing image processing operations with
Imagemagick, this is not really sufficient for running several jobs in
parallel.  This is slowing development time down for me, especially as
memory pressure means that parallel editing work is also impacted.

Now my computer is about 5 years old, so chances are that people have
some memory useful for it just lying around, having upgraded to newer
systems.  According to my BIOS, I have two chunks of 1GB DDR2 SODIMM
each in the computer (and not likely any free slots), so upgrading would
require at least 2GB blocks of that stuff.  The system documentation
suggests that 4GB is the maximum equipment, net wisdom appears to allow
for 8GB.  Either (or something in between) would be an improvement.

--
David Kastrup