Re: snippet does not work anymore

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: snippet does not work anymore
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 16:55:08 +0200

"Dr. med. Kai Lautenschläger" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi List,
>
> I've been seeing a lot snippets being identified by numbers, but I
> can't find out, where to search for that number. Reading the manual I
> stumbled upon a snippet that hast stopped working somewhere between
> versions 2.16 and 2.17.15. It is in the snippet department in
> "Rhythms" under the title of "Merging multi-measure rests in a
> polyphonic part".
>
> It actually does not work in the manual for 2.17 either, while in the
> 2.16-manual everything seemed fine. Find both links below.
>
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.16/Documentation/snippets/rhythms#rhythms-merging-multi_002dmeasure-rests-in-a-polyphonic-part
> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.17/Documentation/snippets/rhythms#rhythms-merging-multi_002dmeasure-rests-in-a-polyphonic-part
>
> Is this wanted behaviour? Is there any workaround to merge the
> multi-measure-rests?
>
> I'd be gratefull for any hint.

Tracker issue: 3380 (http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/detail?id=3380)
Rietveld issue: 9811043 (http://codereview.appspot.com/9811043)
Issue description:
  Fix merging-multi-measure-rests-in-a-polyphonic-part.ly snippet
  This changed behavior after issue 3307   Also contains commit:  Run
  scripts/auxiliar/makelsr.py

--
David Kastrup