Re: Frecobaldi 2 Mac OS X install guide

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: Frecobaldi 2 Mac OS X install guide
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 09:48:03 -0700 (PDT)

flup2 wrote
> I don't "install" it like a Unix program. I just expand the archive in the
> Applications folder. That way, the path to frescobaldi binary looks like:
> /Applications/frescobaldi/frescobaldi (the first "frescobaldi is the
> folder name, the second one is the binary itself).

I've added more explanation of this to the wiki page, along with some other
minor edits and typo fixes:
https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/wiki/Frescobaldi-Mac-OS-X-install-guide

Today I was able to upgrade my frescobaldi to 2.0.10 with the help of this
guide.

Thanks again Philippe!
-Paul

P.S. I noticed that the launcher (if you don't set it to "output: none")
reported the following errors, but everything seems to work just fine
anyway.  I don't know if this is expected or not.

QPainter::begin: Paint device returned engine == 0, type: 3
QPainter::save: Painter not active
QPainter::setPen: Painter not active
QPainter::setBrush: Painter not active
QPainter::setRenderHint: Painter must be active to set rendering hints
<snip...>
QPainter::setOpacity: Painter not active
QPainter::restore: Unbalanced save/restore
QPainter::end: Painter not active, aborted