Re: Aligning c1 |. with R1 |.

From: Carl Peterson
Subject: Re: Aligning c1 |. with R1 |.
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 16:00:21 -0400

The "easy" way is to use a regular whole note rest instead of a whole-measure rest, i.e., r1 instead of R1. However, I recognize there are times you either don't want to consider when another staff might only have a single note (such as in orchestral scores) or when you need it to be a whole-measure rest because of time signature.

That said, to my eye, replacing R1 with r1 still looks sort of bad because the rest and whole-note are left-aligned and are different widths. I noticed this as well between the whole and quarter in bar 1.

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 3:39 PM, D'Arcy J.M. Cain <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, 31 May 2013 21:22:40 +0200
Jean-Charles Malahieude <address@hidden> wrote:
> When the final bar of a score contains a single note in one staff (or
> voice) and the other a full bar rest, is there an easy way to
> automatically center them both and obtain something more pleasant
> than what is produced by default?

Odd.  I ran your code and it lined up perfectly.  I am using version
2.14.2.  Could this be an issue that crept into 2.17.16 or somewhere in
between?  Smells like a bug if so.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <address@hidden>         |  Democracy is three wolves
http://www.druid.net/darcy/                |  and a sheep voting on