Vertical position of rests on a custom staff

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Vertical position of rests on a custom staff
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 18:16:55 -0400

Hello everyone,

I am working on adjusting the vertical position of rests on a custom staff and
have run into a problem.  I basically want the rests to be positioned as they
are on the standard staff, but in my custom staff there is no center line so
the rests become oriented to the next line above that (except for whole rests
which stay the same).  See the attached files.

I wrote an override function that moves the rests down to where I want them.
Half rests move down further, and I had to adjust the position of the dots for
dotted rests as well.

So far so good.  The problem I ran into is that when the music includes
\voiceOne and \voiceTwo, the rests appear in the right place by default, and my
adjustment then puts them in the wrong place.  You can see this on the right
hand side of the PDF.

Any thoughts on how to work around this?  I'm away from email for a day or two,
but wanted to go ahead and send this while I was working on it.

-Paul Morris