Re: problem with \RemoveEmptyStaves

From: Keith OHara
Subject: Re: problem with \RemoveEmptyStaves
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 22:52:48 -0700

On Fri, 31 May 2013 21:17:02 -0700, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

Thanks.  *Very* kludgy.

No, not at all.

But it is a *manual* solution,

Yep, but (after looking up 'kludgy' I see that) manual and kludgy are different
things.

What prevents Lilypond to do this automatically?  I want an option
that staves are only removed if there are at least two systems on a
page.  A second pass over the full score should be quite cheap, if
really necessary, since line breaks are already done.

I think this could be done automatically, without a second pass, if the removal
of empty staves were to just mark them as removable and as taking no space,
inserting a step to put them back and figure their space requirements just
after page-breaking.