Re: Vertical position of rests on a custom staff

From: Paul Morris
Subject: Re: Vertical position of rests on a custom staff
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 11:29:15 -0400

> > The only ones that needed re-positioning were the rarer ones
> > that were longer than a whole rest.  Also the dots on about half of
> > the rests also still needed re-positioning.
>
> Could you elaborate?

See the attached files.  This one makes it clearer than the previous one.  The
red rests and blue dots are the ones my function has moved.

The 3 longest rests are lower on the custom staff than I wanted, so my function
moves them up to where they usually are on the standard staff, but then the
dots became centered vertically on the longest two rests.  So my function moves
those dots up where they usually appear.

Dots were also centered vertically on quarter, 8th, and 16th rests on the
custom staff, so my function moves them up to their usual position.

I also show some staves with different line patterns where the Y-offset of the
rests is manually set to 0.  Sometimes the dots are centered on the rests, and
sometimes they are in their usual position (half a staff space higher).

This is odd since the dot position apparently depends on the staff line
pattern.  I suppose that the dots might be centered by default on the rest and
then be shifted up to avoid a line through the middle of the rest.  (However,
on one of the staves they appear in their usual position even though there is
no line to avoid.)

-Paul Morris