Re: EPS file

From: Mike Solomon
Subject: Re: EPS file
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 08:05:00 +0300

On 5 juin 2013, at 07:46, Nikolay Kirov <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello!

I have a specific question: How to split a EPS file, producing by LilyPond
For example:
I would like to cut  the file horizontally to obtain 2 files - one for the text and one for the notes.

Can anybody help me?
Nikolay

You could write a little parser for the EPS file - one that keeps all of the text, and one that doesn't.

The text is in lines looking like, for example:

/TimesNewRomanPSMT 4.33691406 output-scale div selectfont
1.3657 0.0000 /afii10079
1.1267 0.0000 /afii10065
1.1609 0.0000 /afii10067
3 print_glyphs

It always starts with /TimesNewRomanPSMT, has X glyphs, and then finishes with X print_glyphs.

Then, depending on how fancy you want to get, you can modify the bounding box to be more snug around either the text or the music.

Cheers,
MS