Re: Path to LilyPond 2.18

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Path to LilyPond 2.18
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2013 19:17:22 +0200

"Phil Holmes" <address@hidden> writes:

> From: "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>
>> I propose calling the next developer release 2.17.95 to send out the
>> message that finish-up work is called for:
>
> I believe we need to get fixes for 3363 and 3386 into the code base
> before cutting a release candidate.

I was not talking about cutting a release candidate.  That would not
make sense in connection with sending out the message that finish-up
work is called for.

> I think 3386 is a simple revert, but don't have time to do it right
> now.
>
> I'd prefer to declare 2.17.next_increment as a release candidate; let
> that stand and if it's OK, cut 17.95 as a final RC, then run 2.18.0.

In my book, a "release candidate" is something fit for a release.
Exactly because we need to get people working towards that goal, I was
proposing to release 2.17.95 as a wakeup call.  There are still numbers
between 2.17.95 and 2.18.0.  Just not many.

--
David Kastrup