Re: Frecobaldi 2 Mac OS X install guide

From: Jean-Alexis Montignies
Subject: Re: Frecobaldi 2 Mac OS X install guide
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 16:17:02 +0200

Hi,

I've got a bit of experience on frescobaldi builds. I have started doing a .app
bundle for Mac, but never succeeded and I am slow because of the low available
time for this project.

So if you want to continue upon what I have discovered, I'll switch to more
technical matter. (I'm CCing this message to lilypond-user, but I think it
would be appropriate for the frescobaldi list)

For macports, the only package missing before frescobaldi if py-poppler.

I have a frozen folder here that works and even results in frescobaldi using
the retina display (texts only but it's a great enhancement). I have played
with the setup and freeze scripts.

cx_freeze now have a bdist_mac target, which would result in a .app bundle.
cx_freeze installed from macports is too old to have this target, so I had to
modify the port file to get the last version. I'll send it to macports.

Just modifying the script setup.py does not create a working .app. cx_freeze
must have missed some dependencies, I don't know which ones.
Modifying the freeze.py to remove windows specific things does create a folder
with apparently everything needed (and even some things not needed). But from
there I don't know how to invoke cx_freeze to create a bundle.

Jean-Alexis