Re: Discuss signature for new function \annotate (new version)

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Discuss signature for new function \annotate (new version)
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 08:55:22 +0100

On Mon, 2013-06-10 at 20:42 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> (I guess that is why I put the \raise #6.0 in the Critical
> Commentary code in Denemo to achieve alignment with the lowest line of
> the staff).

In fact I think I see the issue you are grappling with, if the snippet
has a bass clef the alignment changes. I must have got thoroughly
confused at this point and just left a default value of \raise #6.0 and
left it to the user to adjust. Making the alignment depend on the staff
line positions would make it easier to default to a more generally
useful value - there will always be cases requiring manual intervention
of course.

Richard