Re: Spacing problems with triplets

From: Janek Warchoł
Subject: Re: Spacing problems with triplets
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 22:44:19 +0200

Hi folks,

2013/6/20 Mike Solomon <address@hidden>:
> On 19 juin 2013, at 16:24, Tim McNamara <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Occasionally LilyPond will render triplets in an ungraceful manner: [...]
>
> This is not a problem in 2.17.21 with the following input : [...]

I've seen the output like Tim posted many times.  Of course, it
happens only when there's some other voice/chords/whatever that has a
different rhythm, but the spacing shouldn't look like this.
I did some testing and in my opinion it doesn't make sense to attempt
fixing this without a small team of at least 2-3 coders that would
examine the spacing code in whole and rewrite it as necessary.  I
believe that without organized effort attempts of fixing this will
most likely result in applying duct tape to the code.
I'm willing to be part of such team.

best,
Janek