current whiteout mechanism is not perfect

From: Karol Majewski
Subject: current whiteout mechanism is not perfect
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 2013 14:25:15 +0200

Hi. The example in the attachment shows that the current whiteout mechanism is
not perfect. As far as I know, it works by drawing white box in the background
of the text. This solution, however, has one drawback: sometimes bar line isn't
broken in it's full width and that looks ugly. (see example):

So maybe whiteout mechanism should work like this:

if text-barline-overlap = true
then break-barline-in-full-width

Of course I know that this is much harder to implement, maybe even impossible,
but I also have a strong feeling that the current mechanism has to be improved
somehow.